Just in case you were wondering, here are a few things we have been working on at Nurturing Newborns, LLC:
- Working with a mom to help her 8 week old baby sleep better so that she has more time to care for her disabled 2 year old
- Wrapping our loving arms around a 2 year old and 4 year old while their mother battles cancer
- Holding the hand of a young mom who has just discovered her newborn twins are facing a serious illness
- Crying with a father who is overwhelmed by responsibilities in a time of crisis
- Helping with transportation to school for children whose mother is on bed rest and grieving the recent loss of her husband
- Always, ALWAYS empowering parents in their role
Nurturing Newborns wants to thank our families for allowing us to see them when they are most vulnerable and raw. We are grateful to the social workers and other providers that work so diligently to find help for families in crisis. I would also like to thank the following foundations for supporting these vulnerable families and helping Nurturing Newborns with funding to do this work.
Rocky Mountain Children's Health Foundation
The Limb Preservation Foundation
There With Care
Friends of Man
Rocky Mountain Cancer Centers
At Nurturing Newborns we choose to be with families in crisis. The crisis may be big or small and our time with the family is always shorter than we wish it to be. But one thing we all agree on, this is the best job ever!